Do you know the ten commandments? They include not lying, not dishonoring your parents, and not using God's name in vain. I think it is safe to say that we have all done those things. If God were to judge us based on those things, would we be guilty or innocent? GUILTY. We have done those things, right? In a courtroom, even if our crime was simple like speeding, we would still have to pay the price or else we would go to jail. It's the same with God. No matter how good we are, we (alone) can never be good enough for God. We have done wrong things even if it they have been small. So in a courtroom with God, we would all be guilty. However, here is the GOOD NEWS- God has already paid the price we need to pay for our sins. He sent Jesus to be our sacrifice. Jesus died on a cross to pay for YOUR sins. You MUST accept that gift though BEFORE you die. You see, if someone were to die before they accepted God's gift, then they would go to Hell just as the speeder would go to jail if he didn't pay his fine. God loves all people, and that is why He gave His Son so we could come to Heaven if we just ask Him to save us. God's gift is so easy to accept, it is FREE! Completely free! You are never too guilty to receive God's free gift of salvation! If you have never asked Jesus to be your Savior, would you do it today before it is too late?!
1. Realize that God loves you
John 3:16-"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
2. Realize that you are a sinner. Sins are anything that you do that is wrong (examples are lying, lusting, being jealous, etc.)
Romans 3:23- "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
3. Know that you are a lost sinner. Realize that you need Jesus to get to Heaven. Nothing you do is good enough. Sin must be paid for, but Jesus paid the price for sin.
Romans 6:23- "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (You must accept that gift)
4. Believe that God sent Jesus, His Son, into the world, and believe that He died on a cross to take the punishment for your sins and then rose from the dead 3 days later.
Romans 5:8- "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Matthew 28:6-"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
5. Ask God to forgive you of your sins, and ask Him to enter into your life and save you. Simply say to God that you know you are never good enough for Him, you know you need Him to get to Heaven, and you believe that He took your punishment. Ask Him to come into your life today and to save you. And thank Him for His salvation!
Romans 10:9-10- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Acts 2:21-"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
If you do that or have done that already, you are a child of God and you have begun your journey of following God's plan for your life. You can never lose your salvation, it is forever!
John 10:28- "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."