Thanks for praying for sweet Kylei! Please continue to do that. Her caring bridge page link is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kyleichambless. If you would like to keep up with her, please check out her page.
I wanted to encourage you all today as the Lord encouraged me by reminding me that once we ask God to forgive us from sin, He does, and He chooses to forget that we ever did that sin.
Psalm 103:12 - "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."
Wow...He chooses not to remember. We must choose not to remember and do not allow the devil to bring old sin up again. Resist him...when he tries to bring up old stuff that you know you have asked God to forgive you from...think about something else.
This goes another way as well, and I was challenged when I read this in my life application Bible where it explains this verse. We must choose to forget the wrong things people have done to us when we say we forgive them. Don't bring it back up. Don't even think about it anymore. It's gone. You forgave them; God forgave them. It's like it's not even there anymore. We have all done wrong things, we are all sinners. Forgive. And let God forgive you. He already has actually, you just have to ask for it!
If you don't know how to ask for forgiveness or you have never asked Jesus to be Lord of your life, please continue reading.
1. Realize that God loves youJohn 3:16-"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
2. Realize that you are a sinner. Sins are anything that you do that is wrong, examples are lying, lusting, being jealous, etc.
Romans 3:23- "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
3. Know that you are a lost sinner. Realize that you need Jesus to get to Heaven. Nothing you do is good enough. Sin must be paid for, but Jesus paid the price for sin.
Romans 6:23- "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (You must accept that gift)
4. Believe that God sent Jesus, His Son, into the world, and believe that He died on a cross to take the punishment for your sins and then rose from the dead 3 days later.
Romans 5:8- "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Matthew 28:6-"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
5. Ask God to forgive you of your sins, and ask Him to enter into your life and save you.
Romans 10:9-10- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Acts 2:21-"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
If you do that or have done that already, you are a child of God and you have begun your journey of following God's plan for your life.